Well I found what the problem with that one was. The top half of the medium became dry. It was not established enough for it to maintain moisture from just the lower half of the medium. And the others that are thriving are doing great in comparison. But the medium is moist on top. My current solution is just to put a little solution over the top of the medium when I check the system. It is a manual fix, but one that works.
are at around 1/4-1/3 right now still. And I am cycling the nutrients on a daily basis. After filling to normal levels (not much water needed for that) I will a gallon out to use elsewhere, and replace with a fresh gallon of 1/4 strength.
I will add some pictures of the other lettuce plants. They are a loose leaf lettuce. probably 2-4 weeks old lol I will have to look back at the date I said I set up the new seedlings.
I have been clipping lower leaves on any sign of the plant aborting them (They still end up touching the medium for now so the plant won't keep them too long). That will stop when the leaves gorw out a bit larger.
Just a kinda disapointing update for me. I put some of my tomato plants in dirt. I will see how they like the STG cubes being in there with them.. But they were growing out of the germination tray and had some 4inch long roots, and I am still a bit away from getting my tomato system set up. Not to mention I still havent decided how I want to build it.
Another thing that has changed. The staining of the medium has gone away and it is white on the bottom again (small traces left) I guess whatever was collecting went back to the water lol..