Hydroponics Forums Discussions

Hydroponics Forums Discussions (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hydroponic Nutrients and Mediums (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Replacing Floramato (http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2045)

jamromhem 07-29-2011 03:03 PM

Replacing Floramato

I just got off the phone with GH. I called them in regards to replacing the Floramato nutrients since they discontinued them.

I was thinking going with a 50:50 mix for maxigro and maxibloom.

Turns out I wasn't that far off.

Thier suggestions are:

Veg stage: Maxigrow
starting to blossom : 50:50 gro/bloom
fruiting stage (they said it would work for indeterminate tomatoes as well)
1 part gro to 2 parts bloom. (1/2 tsp:1tsp) and adjust in that ratio if you need more or less strength.

I figured I would let everyone know the results of my call so they can see a way to get around the discontinuation of the floramato series. I have been reading that a few people in the forums like the floramato set and would probably need some information on transitioning away from it as their supply dwindles.

I purchase from altantishydroponics.com They have a deal that if it is over 100 shipping is free.. That can be a pretty big saving and let you get a bit more for your money. And their prices (while not always the lowest) are great after you consider with some planning you are not paying for the shipping.

T'Mater 07-31-2011 01:22 AM

Glad you posted this, i was just going off there labels and had planned on just using grow till i started to show flowering or it was just time to make the switch. Still can't believe they are discontinuing the Floramato.

Just when i was getting the knack of growing hydroponically.

jamromhem 07-31-2011 01:43 AM

I am happy that my information is of use to more than just me :P I am soon to start a few tomato plants. I just ordered the seeds for the tomatoes, and a good chunk of herbs. I started setting up my lettuce system yesterday I guess it is now lol. I am still awake, but the clock decides that more than I do lol.

I was planning to do my tomatoes with floramato, but with it no longer available in many places I had to find an alternative to it. Luckely it was just a quick phone call to get the answers I needed.

I am hopfully going to be posting more useful information along the way on these nutrients. I am going to try to post my results on these nutrients with various plants and mixtures to let people know how to use them and hopefully get good results.

T'Mater 08-13-2011 08:33 PM

So Jam have you started using the mixture or ? If so how are things going? I"m about out of my FloraMato and i'm starting to research all my dry options.

jamromhem 08-14-2011 02:15 PM

no, I haven't started using the mix yet. My tomato plants are not at that point yet.

I had to scrap my plants after the infection that ran through my system so I am back to waiting for seedlings...

T'Mater 08-14-2011 11:28 PM

Doh, knock on wood, that's about the only thing my plants and i haven't had to fight that i'm aware of LOL.

jamromhem 08-15-2011 12:40 AM

The infection I think could have been manageable and it didn't affect the plants really, but with the PH problems I was having it would have eventually.

I could have probably been more diligent in keeping the system clean but with how young my plants were it wasn't a major loss really. I also think the infection was self inflicted with a container I used to move some water to the res.

T'Mater 08-21-2011 06:27 PM

I was looking at the Maxigro/bloom labels, did they tell you that once you started getting fruit to drop to a 1gro:2bloom?

Just looking at the Floramato with it's high N rate would think you could just 50:50 the gro:bloom mix even while fruiting for indeterminate tomatoes. Or did i miss read what you said and that's what you were saying just continue a 50:50 for inderterminate plants?

I did find this tho.

http://www.genhydro.com/genhydro_US/GH_Feed-Chart.pdf

Goes along with what you were saying.

jamromhem 08-22-2011 08:53 AM

The 1:1 is for the beginning of the flowering stage and the 1:2 is for maintained for the indeterminates. I am thinking a Determinate you would just push straight Bloom when you get into late flowering because the vegitative growth has stopped all together due to the plant genetics.