Thread: Second system
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGM View Post
yeah they do, its weird they sell them here but no proper pvc pipes for them, I think its because everyone uses 20 and 25mm electrical conduit piping for air conditioner run offs (lots of high story appartments here) and so they sell pvc fittings for that reason.
I see you must live in a large city. I used to live in Hacienda Heights (on the outskirts of Los Angeles CA) but there were a lot of regular homes and 2 story apartment buildings with landscaping there, but no tall apartment buildings. So Home Depot and Lowe's always had a good selection of the P.V.C.. Were you able to find the 10 packs like I get for about the price I get them? If not, it must be because of the laws of "supply and demand". Also I would expect in city's like that space is at a premium, driving prices up. I haven't even thought about it but it might be possible to order online from Home depot and Lowe's website directly. Depending on shipping costs it might still be cheaper.

P.S. I was looking for 6 inch P.V.C. end caps online because the ones here in town I can only get at a pluming supply whorehouse and are $11. I needed 4 of them and that would be just too much. So I looked online and found a number of places that sold P.V.C supply's even custom made stuff. They had the standard fittings also, though I don't remember the prices because it wasn't what I was looking for. But that might be another avenue to look at, I can look some up if you need. Also there might be some pluming supply places that sell to the public near you, if you haven't tried them yet.

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 11-05-2009 at 04:43 PM.