View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 02:19 PM

Default Growing in unfinished basement feasible

Actually, I have a few questions and apologies as I have populated this forum with some recent newbie questions

Anyway, while I only have a 1 18gallon res , I built out a pvc frame for the lights and possible future growth. Now I'm walking the halls here at the house trying to find a good place for the setup. Closet space is out , due to need of.
One possibility is the basement , it's unfinished and I'm concerned about the amount of dust down there. It's not moldy though so there's a feather in it's cap. There are also more spider webs around though I could vacuum them away. My feeling is for whatever reason spiders seem to be more drawn to the basement possibly. Not that I typically see them walking around. And I am aware that not all spiders are bad for my plants.

So, one I'm wondering if more challenges will arise from keeping my garden in that area ?

Also, another possibility I'm considering is finishing off my PVC frame and light stand with perhaps some covering. I hear Panda Film makes a good covering ? I'm concerned about fire safety but I'm running to start 2 55w cfl's (480w total equivs). Also light leaking , but a total seal of light would make it more feasible in some available areas of my living space.

TIA
Stuart