View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshwater View Post
Hey GPS,

Good hook up on the H202...I am VERY curious about it. I am using a hydroponics product, I am paying 22 bucks for 4 litres (about a gallon) of Nutrilite 29% Oxidizer. Is the H2o2 3% going to work out cheaper?

Todd
Hey Freshwater,
I'm not familiar with the Nutrilite 29% Oxidizer product, But assuming it is just 29% H2O2, then it's the same thing just 10 times stronger than the 3% H2O2 I use. To equal 4 liters of the 29%, you would need 40 liters of the 3% (40, 32 oz bottles). I don't know if you get the 29% locally, but if you need to have it shipped (like I would), it would work out about even if the 4 liters of the 29% is $22 +shipping. But I don't really go through that much to really worry about it. If I used large quantities, I would consider using the 30%-35% H2O2, and just diluting it. I pay $1 for each 32 oz bottle at the dollar store, and $1.06 for it at walmart.

But the 30% H2O2 is caustic and can burn skin on contact, and just a tiny bit in your eyes could easily cause permanent eye damage. The 3% is safe to use, in fact it's meant to put on your skin as an antiseptic for cuts, burns etc. to prevent infection. That's why it's located in the pharmacy isle ("hydrogen peroxide"). So I just don't need to worry about wearing any protective gear. You just don't dilute it as much as the 30% (because it's already diluted). So I would need to regularly go through quite a bit before I considered using the 30% stuff myself.

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 05-27-2011 at 10:50 PM.