Thread: Pump Flow
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 03:02 PM

Quote:
what about if i turned the t on tub1 upside down and so the hose is facing upwards and then bending the hose around and pointing down
Then you will have the same problem, just with the other tub. Water takes the path of least resistance. Even if you had lots of pressure from the pump, the water will fallow the low path.. That's exactly why the water went in tub 1, and not tub 2. Even though your T connector was set so there was a straight line going to tub 2, the side going to tub 2 was facing down, and water flows down hill. Even if you turned it sideways so both outlets were level, you will have uneven water flow because water takes the path of least resistance. It will fallow the straight path before it turns a 90 degree corner. That's why you need to change how the water goes into the T connector to equalize the pressure. So both lines going to the Tub's (1 and 2) need to take the same 90 degree turn to get it to work.

The only way to get the water to flow uphill that way is if the line from tub 1 to tub 2 is smaller than the line from the pump going to the T connector, thus causing back pressure between the pump and T connector. But good luck getting it to flow evenly that way, you'll still likely wind up with one side getting more water flow than the other. You may be able to do it if you install a ball valve between tub 1 and tub 2 so you can adjust the size of the opening the water can flow to going to tub 2. But all that time, effort, and extra parts just make it more complicated for no reason.

Just remember the two rules,
1 Water flows down hill
2. Water will fallow the path of least resistance

Quote:
what i didnt add in the picture was that there is also a 32mm pipe going from tub2 all the way back to the resivor as well
So if I understand correctly, the 32mm return pipe from tub 2 does NOT go through tub 1 on it's way back to the reservoir. Instead, you have one 32mm pipe from tub 1, and one from tub 2 each going back to the reservoir separately. So each tub has it's own direct return back to the reservoir. If that's the case the second option I gave you wont work because you don't have the return going through tub 1.

If I have it wrong and do have it like you drew up, but mean you also have a second return from tub 2 that runs directly back to the reservoir as well as the one going through tub 1. You can cap off the one from tub 2 going directly back to the reservoir, thus diverting it and forcing all the water to flow back through tub 1 on it's way back to the reservoir like intended in the second option I gave you.

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 11-24-2015 at 03:47 PM.