Thread: Pepper plant
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 08:42 PM

Default Pepper plant

Hello

I just thought I would share a few pictures of a pepper plant I started growing a few weeks ago. I was in a hurry to get it going so I didn't start it from seeds, I bought a small plant at K-mart and washed off the roots before placing it in the DWC system. They are Anaheim peppers. I wanted Hatch peppers but they didn't have any, and I didn't want to use more gas to drive all the way out to home depot and wal-mart, so I settled for the Anaheim peppers (their close enough).

The first pictures with the roots hanging out of the pot was taken a about a week after I transplanted it into the system. The picture where the plant is bigger and of the peppers growing were taken 3 weeks later. You'll notice the bubble wrap insulation around the bucket. The temp here in the desert is already reaching 95-97 degrees, and likely be in the 100's next week, the insulation is keeping the nutrient solution and root zone cool.

The bucket is larger than a standard 5 gallon bucket and has 7 gallons of nutrient solution in it. Because of our very low humidity and high temperatures here in the desert, as well as the plant growing bigger, the plant is already drinking about one gallon of water a day. I top it off each night with a 1/2 gallon size ice cube, then plain water till it reaches the top. So far the nutrient solution is staying nice and cool, and peppers are growing fast.

Attached Images