View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpsFrontier View Post
Quote:
I hope to grow a Tomato plant and a batch of Spinach if they will work together in the same nutrient solution while still being in separate pots.
I don't see why not the both have the same pH requirements, I would aim for 6.0 but if it fluctuates a little either way (5.5-6.5) not a problem.
I just wanted to elaborate on this. Yes pH is the same, but there is a difference in nutrients. Tomato are a continuously fruiting plant, and spinach is not. Therefore tomato's would do better with a continuously fruiting nutrient formula, and spinach would do better with a vegetative formula. If you were growing on a commercial level, or just really wanted to have the best formula for the particular plants, I would say they should have different reservoirs. But if it were me and resources may not provide what I wanted. I would go with a continuously fruiting formula for the tomato's. The spinach will still grow , be good and editable. But they may want to flower and seed, rather than focusing on growing foliage.