View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpsFrontier View Post
You have a big learning curve ahead, if you spend the time and money now to try and reinvent the wheel before you even know how the car works, you'll be wasting both your time and money. Set your plans on hold for at least a year while you grow some plants and get that much needed first hand experience, and in all 4 seasons. If you choose not to, at least get some advice and help from a well established local company that specializes in helping hydroponic farmers grow their crops.
The problem is there is no local hydroponic producers, the only ones I know that operate on this scale is in Netherlands, Germany, Sweden and Finland.

I don't have playroom for doing everything myself because I have to pay for the land and the equipment which on top of two wages will be required of me to do other things than spending every night at the farm. Besides, if I don't have automation I won't even know if the water is running. The farm will be more than 5 km from my apartment, it has to be automated in order to maintain the health of the plants.

So the setup I am thinking of is something like this:

2x pH
2x EC
2x temperature
1x natrium
1x potassium
1x phosphorus
2x controller pumps for nutrition tanks
1x controller pump for pH
1x controller pump for EC

2 solenoid controls for water level in reservoir
1x pump control
2x water flow sensors

flush valve for draining the reservoir
USB
maybe wifi

a simple i/o touchscreen

If I get it to work I can post the parts list, I don't think it will cost more than 1000-2000 USD if I shop around.