View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 06:16 AM

Is what you plan something like the drawing I attached? If so it looks interesting but a bit complicated with the 5 way connection. In particular making it watertight, as well as durable enough to support all the weight of the plant above. In an apartment, I doubt you would want any leaks. Or worse, it to crack and the to flood the floor. Also if that is the design plan, I would be concerned with water circulation as you mentioned. The roots will fill all portions of the X tubing and block complete circulation. The water will end up flowing from the fill tube directly up to the overflow tube, and the other 3 sides of the X shape I doubt would get any water flow at all when the roots grow. Also, draining the system without spilling the water would be important. Especially when cleaning the roots out of the fill line, and during nutrient solution changes etc. etc. etc.. You wont be able to move it very well if at all with the plant, and water in it.

P.S.
I think some people were looking for the floramato dry. And if I'm correct I herd that was discontinued, though some places may still have a supply in stock. It's OK to post useful links, just not spam. And it's fairly easy to tell the difference when people post spam.
Attached Images