View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 01:24 PM

Default Small Greenhouse with Cucumbers and Heatmaster Tomatoes

I have enjoyed posts and articles here for a while. Thanks to all.
But I have some questions of my own.
I use Master Blend mixed with calcium nitrate and magnesium sulfate. Originally, I mixed in grams 12/12/6 and my TDS meter on a new batch reported around 800. The 7.5 PH tap water was reduced after the mix to about 6.8. I sampled water from the small lake on my property and it was 7.8PH. Just a point of interest.
My question relates to the chart I saw on this website. It says my nuts should measure 1300 PPM and higher for Tomatoes. I am amazed at the growth and success so far with my current setups. I use a painted 5 gal tub for cukes and 2 5 gal buckets draining into a third 5 gal bucket reservoir. I have started a few small containers with a double batch (24/24/12) to see if there is a difference, but those are static (no airstone, no pump).
Although the tomatoes in the hot nuts show no difference yet, the experiment is not very old. I would have expected a change.
Do you guys stand by the Tomato nutrients? I am new to this (3 months).
Also I use a electric toothbrush to pollinate tomatoes very successfully. I use the flower of male cukes to pollinate female cukes. What should I use to pollinate my strawberries in my DIY tower?