View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 09:52 AM

Hello somedude,

Quote:
I'm not sure what the best is for this. I see on some websites that the plants will suffer a bit when the temps consistently go above 80F.
Can you post some links to this, because something is wrong. I don't know if your misunderstanding it, or miss-communicating it. Either way something's wrong.

Quote:
Oops, sorry, i forgot to edit my previous post. I meant that i intend to use the mesh on the front and back to keep insects out while still allowing for air circulation.
OK, Well again I'm confused because now your saying that you plan to use the polyethylene on the top and sides (not ends), and one of the reasons is because your concerned about heat buildup. Doing so will only increase heat. The plastic covering doesn't do much of anything but hold in heat, and block air flow. It can protect from rain, but will only amount to about 5% shade while increasing heat drastically. So if protecting them from heat was important, that would have the opposite affect.

If you want to protect them from rain, rolling the plastic over the top when your expecting rain would be beneficial. But rolling it back when the weather is good would be important as well. As for insects and bug screening, what specifically are you trying to keep from getting to your plants?

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 01-26-2016 at 09:56 AM.