View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 09:57 PM

Hello sander,
Quote:
The roots on a few of the plants were together but I carefully separated them.
I don't understand what this means. How did you get the plants out of the NFT system without damaging any of the roots? If they out grew the NFT system, pulling the plants out would most assuredly damage a good amount of the roots. Even if your trying to be careful..

Quote:
They are all in my basement, so I suspect the temperature is about 68 degrees
If you plan to grow healthy plants you need to be able to check the water temperature. I use a simple $2 glass aquarium thermometer I get at Walmart in the pet supply's. I'm not saying the water temp is a current problem, but you can't rule it out unless you know for sure what it is. You would be surprised how far off you can be when you just guess.

Quote:
I will get a picture, the bubblers seem to be working well, in fast they have more bubbles than my nft system, which doesn't have a bubbler.
This is very confusing because you say they have more bubbles than in your NFT system that doesn't have a bubbler. So basically your saying the tomato plants have more than no bubbles at all. A couple bubbles here and there isn't enough. I attached a couple pictures of what the bubbles should look like.

Quote:
I had just moved the plant to the window to see if natural light would help.
Does this mean the plants were drooping in the shade before you put them in the direct sunlight? If so, did the plants droop even more in direct sunlight?

Quote:
I had the water level about 2" under the baskets, but added some more this afternoon to see if that would make a difference.
How much of the plants root system was underwater before, and now? Also how is the growing media getting any moisture? The plants main root-ball is in the growing media, so the growing media should be at least moist.
Attached Images