View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 10:48 PM

Hello chopficaro,
Quote:
do not look healthy because they have been subjected to severe trauma from the humic acid + kelp mix
That doesn't really help me much since I still cant see what they look like. If I could see the plants I may see things about what's wrong you don't.

Quote:
i have a tri moniter for ph
Get some pH drops to verify your results with. Electric meter can give false readings even when taken care of and calibrated properly. pH drops are cheap and will never give false readings, they also don't need to be calibrated. I'm not saying your meter is for sure giving false readings. I'm saying that unless you double check the readings with pH drops you can't rule out the possibility the electric meter could be wrong.

Quote:
i have mixed powdered ph down from precision hydro
Do you have a link to the product? I'm not familiar with precision hydro pH up and down.

Quote:
3 small plants
This doesn't help me much either. Again this is where pictures are much better. I don't know what your growing and/or what your idea of small is. A small lettuce or strawberry plant is vastly different in size than a small tomato or pepper plant. What small is to you may be much different to me. I'm trying to figure out how much water and nutrients the plants are consuming. Water volume to plant ratio and nutrient uptake can change pH. So in order to rule this possibility out I need to know how big the plants are. With 3 plants and 26 gallons of water/nutrient solution that comes out to 8.6 gallons per plant. But in order to know if that is enough and/or if the plants are consuming the nutrients to quickly, I need to know how big the plants are as well as if their heavy feeders or not. As the nutrient composition and strength changes, so will pH.

Quote:
ph rises very quickly to a max of 7.
Just to verify, your saying the pH never goes above 7 even if you don't readjust it. Also your relying on an electric meter, so to verify that the readings are correct, you need to check the pH with pH drops. Other wise you can't rule out false readings.

Quote:
i have dosed it with hydro guard once every 1 to 2 days in this res change after i noticed the ph rising problem.
This is an absolute misuse of the product. Beneficial microns are NOT meant to be added daily. To much of a good thing can be a bad thing.

The manufacture recommends using 2 mL per gallon of water. 1 fluid oz= 30 ml. Your reservoir is 26 gallons. So you should be using 52 ml, or about 2 oz (60 mL) in the your reservoir. Not only are you using 4 times more than recommended, your doing it daily. Beneficial microbes should only be added once, when you do a nutrient change. Beneficial microbes will continue to breed and multiply as long as they have a food source and breeding grounds (a bio filter). A bio filter is simply some porous material for them to attach to and the water flows through, like just about any type of growing medium.

Small diluted amounts (about 25%-50% of the manufacture recommendations) can be added about once a week after that if needed and your not changing your nutrient solution weekly. You've exceeded 12 times the manufactures recommendations in just a few days. That's a drastic overuse.

You also forgot to answer answer these questions
4. is the reservoir water clowdy or translucent?
5. Does the reservoir water have a musty or moldy smell to it?
9. How often do you change your nutrient solution?

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 01-07-2017 at 10:58 PM.