Thread: My First system
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 10:59 PM

thank you for the advice.. I will go add some bleach to it lol.. I have it running with a good amount of h2o2 right now. I will add some bleach and let it run for a day on that.

Then start my rinse cycles. I have a feeling the system is getting moved soon though. I have a spare guest suite that has a full bath and enough clearance under the door to let me pass 1/2" piping and still be able to close the door. I am currently having to remove the water by hand to the point the res is managable and I disconnect the union and pull it all out..

I am going to be starting to set up the new plumbing in the bathroom tomarrow and see about moving it soon after lol. I have to make this manageable with my joint not always wanting to do what I want them to.

EDIT: added about 1/2 gallon of bleach to 7 gallons of water in my res. That can run for a while.. you can definitly tell it is a good bit of bleach from the smell alone lol..

out of curriosity.. how much H2O2 is too much for plants? I am concerned that the seedling I have going might be subject to the same problem. I think it stemmed from a container I was using that I thought was washed out but must have had some unseeable problems..

Last edited by jamromhem; 08-04-2011 at 11:05 PM.