View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 12:50 PM

Default What's up with my (bell) pepper plant growth?

This is the first time I've attempted a sweet (bell) pepper indoors but I have it in a 5 gal bucket (DWC) w/RO water and General Hydroponics FloraDuo A & B nutrient solutions (currently under late growth schedule) with the pH adjusted to ~6.0. I started it out (in flexiplug and netpot w/ clay pellets) under 2 T5 lights but have since moved it to a 100 watt MH light. The 2 air stones are pumping out plenty of oxygen and the roots are going crazy. "Above ground" however it seems the plant has stalled out. It's ~8'' tall and has many large leaves but now as the vertical growth has slowed it is still producing leaves so there are ~15 or 20 small leaves bunched together at the top (crown?) of the plant and it is starting to put out many small buds. I like seeing the buds but it has been this way for 2 weeks now and it seems like the plant is no longer growing vegetatively. Is this bad or normal? And when should I switch over to "bloom" lighting (either hps or T5 "bloom" tubes) since peppers are indeterminate and put out fruit pretty early in their growth cycle? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!