View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 01:50 AM

Default Co2 sugar and yeast

I've been reasearching this topic for a couple hours and it's very controvercial, in terms of people can't seem to agree about the topic. Can anybody tell me if the have proof that it work's. for example measuring the ppm before and after adding this jug of sugar and yeast?

I saw some simple videos on youtube were it's applied in aquariums and the plant are definetly geeting co2.

I built one anyway because I can't afford to pay 400 bucks to get started with a proper co2 tank.

My prototype is a 2 liter bottle with 6 cups of sugar and 1 tbl spoon of bakers yeast. I attached a airtight hose to the cap and put it in water. after 2 hours I started getting lots of huge bubbles so I knew that it started gerating co2. all I did after that was connect that hose to a long skinny piece of pvc with some small holes in it and placed it in the middle of my ebb and flow. I think it's gotta help at least a bit. Our air averages 300 ppm of co2, how much do you think this will increase it?

One more thing, experieced grower's are only using co2 in flowering, why not in vegetation?