View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 10:03 PM

Hello Massi_WF,
I'm going to go out on a limb and say I bet your located in Europe.... I'm in Arizona...

Thanks for the link to the nutrients your using. FYI, I have yet to see the type of hydroponic nutrients used make any difference with coco fiber/chips as the growing media. As far as I'm concerned, the claims of a nutrient being designed to work better with coco fiber is just a marketing ploy. Their might be some real science behind their manufactures propaganda claims, but it's so minimal it doesn't make any difference. They know coco fiber is widely used, and want to increase their appeal to growers using it as their growing media. Just so you know...

Quote:
1) I use Atami B'cucc COCO
http://www.hydroponics.eu/atami-b-cu...2x5l~1129.html
because my substrate is a mix of coco (10%) and clay (90%)
I asked for a link to the nutrients for three reasons. First I wanted to make sure they were actually formulated for hydroponic plants and not soil plants. Second, I wanted to see if they were organic nutrients. Third I wanted to see the manufactures mixing/feed chart. They are hydroponic nutrients, they don't seem to be organic, although they do reference using them in conjunction with " bio-stimulators" in the description. I'm assuming that's their name/term for beneficial microbes. But I didn't see their feed chart. Do you have a link to the feed chart on the nutrient manufactures website?

Quote:
2) I used 2.3 mL of solution A and 1.35 mL of sol B per gallon of water
Without the nutrient manufactures feed/mixing chart I can't judge your nutrient concentrations.

Quote:
3) I use tap water (EC=0.6 mS)
This could be a problem. Do you know what is in your tap water (what that 0.6 consists of)?

Quote:
4) The average pH value is 5.9
Anything around 6.0 should be fine.

Quote:
5) I use ADWA AD12
I'm sorry I don't know what a "ADWA AD12" is? I wanted to know if you were using pH drops, a electric meter, and/or litmus strips. If you were using pH drops, I wanted to make sure they were for hydroponics and not for pools. Litmus strips aren't all that accurate, and electronic meters can give false results even when stored and maintained properly. The only for sure reliable method is using pH drops for hydroponics. Even if you have a meter you should double check the readings using the drops if there is any question. And in this case I would say there is a question since nutrient deficiencies and pH are related.

Quote:
6) I use 90cm led bar (40W) with 5 different wavelengths: 660nm - 630nm - 430- 470nm - 6500k
Thanks, but that doesn't help me at all. I'm trying to determine if the LED's your using are for growing plants. Not any LED's will work to grow plants. I have never seen a LED grow light like that before, and it looks more like it was designed for lighting a room, or as a room or cabinet accent light, party light etc., not growing plants. I could be wrong, but that's why I asked if you had a link to the light online.

P.S.
I have a few more questions:

1. What does the nutrient solution look like? Is it clear/translucent or clowdy?
2. Does the nutrient solution have a musty or moldy smell? Smell like wet dirty socks etc.?
3. Is there any foam on top of the water in the reservoir?
4. Can you see the roots? If so do they look white and healthy, or brown and slimy?

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 03-11-2016 at 11:02 PM.