View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 07:57 AM

Default Yeah my 400$ is high

Thanks G. I need to research the market more. There is some exciting new technology called electrochemical compressors.. a fuel cell that you apply voltage to make a thermodynamic process by using contained hydrogen. Uses 30% less energy than traditional hvac equipment. I think it can be miniaturized to an economical package.

Yes. I agree the price needs to be under 100$.. But getting 50 gallons and multiple reservoirs is a challenge. My system is 18 gallons so I am going to target 20 gallons systems first.

I dream of a stand alone grid free cost effective modular hydroponic system. I do believe that people will have to start supplementing nourishment with homegrown farms more and more in the future. Not to mention there is the yuge cannabis craze to cash in on right now. The folks that made shovels made the most money in the gold rush.

Do you chill outdoor systems? Do you insulate the reservoirs? Can you provide an example of a chiller you use? Do you use any passive cooling from the earth?

Thanks GPS.. You are big help.