Thread: How much light?
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 09:53 PM

Quote:
The fan and carbon filter I found on ebay.. the 4" fan and carbon filter is about 120 and the 6" setup is 185 I think. I am worried about the smell that it will have and the heat mainly.
I have never had to deal with smell problems, but as far as the fan I would prefer to use bathroom exhaust fans for a closet type structure.

Ones like these you can get at any Home Depot or Lowe's for under $20 ea and they come in all shapes and sizes (cfm's).
Air King AS50 Bath Fan Only, 50 CFM, 3.0 Sones
Broan 688 Bath Fan Only, 50 CFM, 4.0 Sones
Air King AS60 Bath Fan Only, 60 CFM, 3.5 Sones

just figure out the cubic feet you need and buy accordingly, you can always scale up by adding more, or down by using less. With 168 cubic feet, you shouldn't need more than 4, 50 cfm models. That would change all the air in the entire box every minute. The 60 cfm model would be 240 cfm with 4, or 180 cfm with 3.

If you really want exhaust power I would go with a Blower Fan. Home depot and Lowe's also carry similar blowers.

CFM on low 1280, medium 1750, high 2180
Stanley® Blower Fan (655702) - Box & Drum Fans - Ace Hardware

CFM (high 1220) (med 1025) (low 768)
Air King 9550 3-Speed 1/16 HP Molded ABS Plastic Pivoting Utility Air Circulator

You'll need to call the company to find out the cfm on these, or find another site that specifics the cfm on there "Furnace Draft Inducer Blowers" but you can probably find them at Home Depot or Lowe's also. Trane Furnace Draft Inducers