View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 04:22 AM

I missed this post watercatwn6535nd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by watercatwn6535nd View Post
Well i just mostly stared out the window over the winter and did nothing but i'm back at it now that the sun has re appeared. New Aquaponic Green House Update - YouTube this is where i am as of a few days ago. I bought some starts today and put them in and hope to have drip lines this weekend. i am having one hell of a time making the fittings not leak and am about ready to use some sealant myself. I even paid extra for the good fittings with rubber gaskets on both sides.

Are you still selling GPS's? i need one for my boat. I was thinking a a 5" or maybe a bit bigger unit chart plotter depth sounder with the DSC system for showing other vessel locations. Mokai X-Wing update - YouTube
I saw your second post, but never saw this one. Sorry to say I'm not selling GPS devices anymore. A lot of things led to that decision. But the biggest one was a computer crash that I couldn't afford to replace at the time. So I couldn't take and process orders, or even update the site. The other biggest issue was so much competition, both in stores as well as online. That's a cool looking boat. I saw another video I believe you said you were in Prince William sound. Do you live in Alaska? I've wanted to move up there since I was a teenager. Ya, I know, "Arizona," quite the opposite. How ironic I strive for a cool place, and wind up in such a hot place. I took a wrong turn somewhere. But they do both start with an "A." By the way what ever happened to the show Northern Exposure? I haven't seen an episode in half a decade.

Anyhow, I saw the video you posted on your greenhouse. That's quite impressive too. If I remember correctly the last time you posted on it, you were just laying things out, had a bunch of the white barrels, and may have some of the greenhouse framing done or started. You also said you needed to raise chickens to make the wife happy if I remember that correctly as well. So I'm not surprised to hear about those. I've never had rabbit, but we have a lot of them around here (I could never eat one of my friends). Though if you don't plan to sell the fish, what are you going to do with them all?

I would also like to know more about your planed lighting system. If I understand correctly, your going to have a 32 watt florescent light hang down directly in the center of each plants foliage. Giving it a kind of glow, and having the plant foliage absorbing all of the usable light from it. Have you done any testing on that before? I assume you use a some kind of spacer to keep the bulb from touching or being too close to the plant foliage.

It would be great if you could start a few threads discussing different aspects of your operation. I may even use your lighting design in my greenhouse. I spaced the levels 3 feet apart to let as much light in as I can without it being to tall, but I may have spaces along the back side that don't get as much light as I want once the plants are growing (especial the bottom level).

I'm also interested in how the dabble wall poly is working for you. How the air flow through it seems to work. Also if humidity gets trapped in-between layers causing condensation. I went with single layer for now, but plan on using the double wall in the future on new greenhouses when I expand.