View Single Post
Old 11-01-2014, 05:19 PM

Default Help me finish this set up please.

Hello everybody! I'm new here and been playing with the idea of starting a hydroponic garden. A couple years back, I made a 102 Gallon grow out reserivoir intended to cultivate salt water reef rock (I'm into aquariums). I was going to sell the rock but changed my mind as the turn around is not worth the time. So I decided to convert this system into a hydro set up that my family and I can enjoy.

I want a system where I can grow multiple types of vegetables, fruits, and herbs. Is this possible? I know different crops have different needs so whats the best system I can build based off what I already have to do this?

The tank is 5' by 3' by 20" made by a wood frame, with plywood for the walls, and fiber glassed over. It consists of 3 chambers (2 main 46G and one 10G.) I also have a 1/3 HP chiller and a 600GPH pump. Should I have two isolated systems or would one do it? What could I expect to grow with the most versatile formula of nutrients, temperature, and lighting.

I think I decided on ebb and flow. I will put the tray on top of this tank. I live in Florida and it will be done in the garage. I have a 4 Lamp 48" T5 fixture and
will supplement with some led's if need be. What's your take at first glance?