View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathmattx View Post
Great Strategies! Ideally nutrient should be kept between 68-75. Obviously it CAN be kept a little cooler and much warmer than this. You may want to introduce a cooling loop into your system...I took the liberty of sketching one up real quick to give you an idea of one (pardon the crudeness, it was a quickie). It would be built onto your existing system and would only need some more pipe and 2-shutoffs to direct/redirect flow. Obviously you can loop the pipe underground, double back (with some seperation, etc). Only possible consideration from current system is if your pump can handle the increased pressure demand? If you cant dig, can also run this under the crawl space in your house (not most ideal for many reasons, but if you live on rock...it works" Best of Luck Matt-hydroponica.blogspot.com
At anyrate I hope you dont get dioscouraged/feel overwhelmed...this stuff is supposed to be fun and interesting
Thanks for the sketch. Ya the ground here is more rock than dirt and makes growing anything in the ground without digging it up with a back hoe first or building a raised bed very difficult. We don't have a crawl space and the garage gets very hot during the day also. I may be able to run it from inside the house some how and use pipe insulation on the outside. I have thought about using blocks of blue ice as long as it is sealed good and I make sure it wont leak but I would need to keep after it all the time because it will get warm fast. I have looked at the JPEG's on your blogspot site for the log and I like it, do you sujest the pdf file or should I just print the JPEG?

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 05-09-2010 at 05:23 AM.