View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 08:50 AM

I started with seed for kale around the first week of April. I sprout them under a 52w light and then moved up to a 400 watt light. Thats when they really took off.
However, in concerns to the nutrients. I followed GPS's advice for 1/4, 1/2, and full strength with out using a pen. At the point were I got to full strength, with a 400watt light, the Kale exploded. Now, it's beginning to fad a bit. What I noticed, by the pen, when it was at it's best growing I was showing readings of 180 x10 PPM. Way over strength. However, now it's starting to slow ( need to change water, and it's only showing 135 x10 PPM.

The pen doesn't show me what is depeleted, and I am not sure of the accuracy as I should be torchingmy plants with a level that high. But, they are responding well. I have been cutting 4-6 cups of fresh baby kale leaves every two days off of 15 plants. More than enough to supply the house. When I moved to my NFT with 100 plant slots, I plan on running 20 kale, 50 spinach, and the rest lettuce or chard.