Thread: Growth Problem
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 09:40 AM

Hi GpsFrontier,

For the 1st picture, it's Chinese Broccoli or Chinese Kale or Kai-lan. And for 2nd and 3rd, it's Curly Mustard. And yes, both doesn't seems like how they supposed to be.

First of all, hydroponics is not famous at my area or even my country. And its hard for me to find all the equipments, materials, references and local experts.

I will try to answer all your questions and hope you will understand my english hahaha.. my english is pretty bad.

1. Im using tap water. It's ppm is about 40-50 ppm.

2. The A B solution i bought is mixed by local retailer themselves. So it has no brand and specification. On the other hand, fertigation system is rising at my place. They have plenty land to plant fruit and vegetable. So i guess, the nutrient they mixed is mainly for fertigation purposes. Im not saying that i got cheated by them. They maybe right and my technique is wrong.

3. 28-33 Celcius is air temperature. Sorry i forgot to measure the water temperature.

4. I check it once a week. Most of the time, the ph level is quite stable. Im using HI98103 CheckerŪ pH Tester. Never try ph drops test .

5. Yes, i am. About how much air getting to the roots, i dont get you. But the link below is the type of air pump im using now. But this air pump got mention about Air displacement = 3.5L/min. http://www.aquariumtankdecorations.c...efficency.html

6. sorry, there is no way for me to measure humidity level.

7. Im using natural light. I do cover my plant with knitted shade fabric 50%.

8. To prevent algae turning my expanded polystyrene raft in to green disgusting raft Fyi, those orange/red cubes are plastic sponge. I saw thai farmer using it.