View Single Post
Old 12-26-2016, 09:11 PM

Default Low cost high water pressure protection for RO water filters

I own a Hydro Logic Stealth 200 Reverse Osmosis water filter. One serious vulnerability of the Hydro Logic Stealth 200 RO water filter is there is no protection against accidentally applying water pressure that is too high to the input of the RO water filter.

The normal input water pressure range of the Hydro Logic Stealth 200 Reverse Osmosis water filter is 40 PSI to 80 PSI. Our water can sometime be as high as 120 PSI. The product vulnerability problem can be easily fixed by adding a fixed water pressure regulator between the water connection and the Hydro Logic water input. The input water pressure is limited to 50 PSI to 55 PSI, even when the house water pressure is much higher.

The fixed water pressure regulator is the Valterra highflow water regulator for RV's, model A01-1122VP, priced at $14.59, and is available from www.etrailer.com. This is my first purchase from Etrailer.com, and they have excellent service. They even shipped the product for free! The water pressure regulator is marketed for RV's, but works great for hydroponic RO water filters! The fixed water pressure regulator as a male and female hose thread connection.

I'm attaching photos of the Valterra highflow water regulator, the Hydro Logic Stealth 200 with the fixed water pressure regulator installed between the house water and the RO water filter input. I also included a photo of the Hydro Logic Stealth 200 water pressure gauge showing how the input PSI is limited to 50 PSI to 55 PSI with 120 PSI applied to the input of the fixed water pressure regulator.

Attached Images