View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 01:23 PM

Is it best then to judge plant development based on height for this system? Or, should following nutrient calculators, and proper ph dictate what's best for particular plants? My plan is just to keep it simple, I'm using the B.C. nutrient recommended mixes, with the 11 plant setup. Everything appears to be going according to nature here. Day 4 and all my germinated sprouts are showing nice color, leaves and are standing above the medium about an inch and a half. in hindsight I'm noticing that it's recommended to black out the containers which I didn't do. How critical is this step? I'll end up wrapping this batch for now to keep out the ambient light. I totally improvised on my lighting. Going for low voltage, I've got 4 of the 14w 225 led panel lights, and a cfl bulb that claims to put out 6400lumens at 150w. I'm keeping temp at 75f, and humidity around 30%. I've checked ph daily and it's pretty stable, 6.3 in solution, and around 6.8 in the medium. That concerned me a bit, the slight diff. in ph, but it doesn't seem to be causing any adverse effect. These forums have been extremely helpful. Thanks all!