View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 10:07 AM

[QUOTE=GpsFrontier;12178]OK,
That's a really good price on the general hydroponics pH testing kit. Usually they run $6.95 to $8.95.

You do need some pH adjusters. I assumed you already had some otherwise how are you trying to adjust them? If you already have some I'm not sure why you would spend more money when you don't need to.

Also I don't think you have a problem with the brand of nutrients you are using. But if you have the extra money to spend, and want to buy the flora series nutrients, go for it. their good nutrients (just expensive). If so don't bother much with their mixing chart. For full strength nutrient solution, use equal amounts 10 ml per gallon of each part for continuously fruiting plants like cucumbers. I have used the flora series a lot myself in the past. But if you don't have extra money to spend don't bother. If you really need help with the math of what you already have, I will help you with it so you don't need to spend money you don't need to.

A. (((For full strength nutrient solution, use equal amounts 10 ml per gallon of each part for continuously fruiting plants like cucumbers.)))

B. Now for example; seedling like I have in pictures I posted, what (ml) Should I Cut That To and How Long To Feed For Till Full strength?

C. Do I Need To Measure Out; 10ml Of Bloom, 10ml, Of Gro, 10ml of Micro? Or Do You Mean 10ml Total?

PH Level
Basically You Telling Me To Have 2 (Different Ways) To Check PH Level [/COLOR][/B]Instead Of Just Using Drops & Don’t Trust A PH Pen Because Calibration Could Be Off Right?

Also You Said Just Buy More PH Up & PH Down
Because Yes I Have Some PH Up & PH Down That Came With That API Fresh Water Kit PH Kit I Have …..

Far As Water Goes I Have Been Using Purified Water – But As Of 3rd November I Have Bottle Water Service They Sell Reverse Osmosis Water In Five Gallons

TDS
Should I Buy A TDS Meter? Would That Help?
Is This Good Brand ? I Know You Get What You Pay For

Hanna 1382 PPM TDS Calibration Solution 20ml Sachets $1.09
Hanna Primo TDS Test Meter $27.90

How I Been Feeding So You Understand
This Exactly What It Says On Site In Mix Recommendations

Product Information
TOMATO FERTILIZER 4-18-38
A special fertilizer mix used for growing tomatoes, peppers and other vegetable crops. Can be used in the greenhouse or in the field. Water soluble.
Works great in drip irrigation systems. Not a foliar feed fertilizer.
Designed to be used with Calcium nitrate. 25# bag also available in 1# and 5#

The recommended mix per 5 gallons is: 12 grams Master Blend, 12 grams Calcium Nitrate, 6 grams Magnesium sulfate.

Now If I Pour 2.5 Gallons Of That out Of 5 Gallons Into My 3.5 Gallon Bucket
Will That Still Be Too Much?

How I Been Cutting Back
12g + 12g + 6g = 30g
So Whats Half Of ( 30g ) = 15g (That How I Been Feeding )

Here Site Link Also
https://www.morgancountyseeds.com/st...&productId=487

Last edited by Bigdaddy216; 10-30-2014 at 10:36 AM.