Thread: My third system
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 01:11 AM

Your reactions are worse than mine fintuckyfarms, I have never stopped breathing before, or even had breathing problems from it I that remember. My skin quickly swells up, and turns leather hard. My whole limb/s will swell up to twice their normal size. But I am concerned that if I get stung in the neck or head, my throat could swell up and choke me to death, because I swell up so bad. But I know the severity of reaction changes over time, and with how often your stung. I haven't been stung in about 20 years, so it's hard to say how my body will react now.

Ya I used the baking soda as a paste over the sting, but I never knew meat tenderizer will help draw out the poison too. I had a friend many years back who smoked that was allergic too, and he told me about using tobacco in a paste as well. But I don't smoke so I don't usually have any cigarettes handy. But If I'm ever away from the house and get stung, I'm sure there is someone near by that does smoke. Or at least a store I can buy a pack of cigarettes from. I always take a first aid kit with that stuff with me when I go camping.

One time I was camping at J-tree national park (we go there a lot), and we climbed to the top of a rock formation in our campground. We were climbing down and went around a corner. Right in front of me, 10-20 feet away was a large swarming bee hive (not killer bees or they would have attacked). It was right in the middle of the only path down on that side of the rock formation. The worst part was I had to go to the bathroom (that's why we were climbing down), and I could see the port-a-potty about 100 feet or so away. But we had to slowly back out and go all the way around the rock formation. There would have been no way through without being stung hundreds of times (just no other option).

P.S.
Now that you mention it jamromhem, I have some of that drawing save around here somewhere. I forget what I bought it for, but I remember using that black tar looking stuff. It kind of stinks too. I hadn't thought about that as an option before, but I have some somewhere.