View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloman1976 View Post
I recommend the food grade h202 29% stuff, I get it from Amazon.com. I use it at about 3ml per gallon and if there's an issue i've used it as high as 5ml per gallon but only for flushing etc as that MAY burn plant roots etc if you leave it in there. h202 turns into water and oxygen, both are positives for your plants. In low oxygen reservoirs, ie reservoirs with high temps, adding more oxygen is a huge boon. It doesn't last long, maybe 24 to 48 hours bit it'll set back anything trying to grow in your res. DutchMaster Zone is something like chlorine, like in pools, that helps prevent algae and other things. I use Zone and h202 together with no issues, Zone at 2ml per gallon and h202 at 3ml per gallon. I do NOT add anything living so no enzymes or beneficials at all.

If you can keep your reservoir temps down below 65F and above 55F then beneficials may be the way to go for you otherwise sterile is the way to go. Going with beneficials is more mess to clean up and your results will be higher production but not by much so it's not worth the extra months of trouble and cleaning. Think it through, see what makes sense for you and go that way. Do a test run with both side by side and see which you like in the end. Matter of fact, you should start a grow journal on here and we'll see what happens with your side-by-side test.
You mentioned having my water chilled, iv got a chiller and my water is at 16-17°c ........so would i be best just using h²0² twice a week at 3ml/ gallon.