View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 02:48 AM

Hello fintuckyfarms,
Thanks for the link, it looks like they built a lot of those. I wish they would have posted pictures of the tubes when the plants were older. The last one they posted said after only 8 weeks, at 8 weeks their still not as big as they can get. I would have liked to see them at 4 months old. Just to give you an idea of how thick and bushy they can get when full grown, I posted a picture of commercial strawberry's growing in a horizontal system. Note how tall and bushy thick they are. I'm looking forward to seeing your system when the plants are growing berry's. If you can, I would also like to know how many pounds of berry's you get from it. In the research I've done/found, it shows that they got just under 2 pounds of strawberry's from each plant during the 4 month period. But that was also a soil farm doing the study. I haven't found any study's on commercial hydroponic strawberry farms. It sure looks like the commercial farm in the picture I posted will be getting more than 2 pounds per plant over a 4 month period. So it would be interesting to know what you wind up getting.
Attached Images