View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 11:55 PM

Location: Southeast Washington State - Right on the line of growing zones 6b & 7a

They are clogging the 4" pipe and causing it to overflow. I think I have it adjusted but the roots are so large I can barely lift the pots out of the pipe. They have only been in there a week or so, I just can't believe their growth. They have taken off in the new system; they did not grow so fast weeks in the DWC system that I had, but the pumpkin is going crazy. It now has two female flowers with marble sized balls just under the flower. My son helped me cut two 55 gal plastic barrels in half today so that will give me 4 growing beds. I'm going to put the cantalope in one, cucumbers in one, gonna try corn in one and the last one Im gonna try baby carrots and maybe some green onions. I don't think my local store carries the overflow parts so I will have to try and make some myself out of pvc pipe and caps. I will also have to get another pump and timer some tubing and pea gravel. Tomorrow is Monday and it's a 12 hour day for me but I plan to get the system up by the weekend.