Thread: My First system
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 02:57 PM

I have a very important update on the water quality of the area i am in. And the results also lave me some room to think about what I am doing..

The water in the area has very high iron and manganese levels. I noticed some fallout while doing a PH test and it was small black bits. I called the local health depeartment to ask about a quality test on the water to find out about the most recent test, and they pushed me over to someone that said the fallout was most probably the iron and manganese, and that it would cause the staining of the polyester like I was describing. I am going to proceed with the hopes that is what is happening, and I will be looking for some filters as I go to try to make it not a problem in the future.

As an update.. One of the basil's survived the frying. the other ate it. (the one in the seedling tray died, and the one in the hydroponic system is growing and looking fine apart from the burnt leaves)

I know i might get a better plan t by starting a new seedling, but I want to see where that one goes. I am also currious about another plant. An amish paste that should probably be put down. It came out all strange looking and with only one leaf. The stem is wavy. It is just all sad looking. I am going to let it grow to see if it produces fruit or not. If it does I am taking bets on what it will taste like. Perhaps I will be in the market selling applamatoes (apple flavored tomatoes) lol..