View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 01:06 AM

I am insterested to see about it as well.. I have seen many videos on youtube showing people getting a good tomato crop off of flourescents in a basement. I will be using flourescents on my tomatoes, but I havent gotten them going yet.

Some of my tomatoes will be both flourescence and natural mixed, and others will be just flourescent lights with whatevery natural happens to bounce over to them from the window. I live in an apartment so I have to use artificial lighting where there isnt enough natural. The tomatoes will be getting started here in a bit. I will probably be starting about 5 different types of indeterminates when I get it all going. I will be posting pics as much as I can along the way.

I have also seen a lot of people have blossom drop from having the nutrients too high as well as temerature problems. There are a ton of things that can cause the tomatoes not to produce... I will keep you updated when I get my tomatoes going. It is still probably a week or two before I can even try to show you anything of use though. If not longer