View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 05:54 PM

Location: Southeast Washington State - Right on the line of growing zones 6b & 7a

Been too hot this week, the outside lettuce is starting to bolt. I've never seen it before but it is really obvious. The sugar peas are going crazy, getting at least a double handfull every two days with just the two plants. The third plant is catching up really fast and I picked the first pea off it today. The tomatoes section is almost yellow there are so many flowers now and I have tomatoes from pea size to just bigger then golf ball size. I have been pruning like crazy, but they are still really thick. From now on I will only do tomatoes in buckets because that offers more options from watering to placement to pruning and harvesting. I thought my bush bean plant was dead, but after I added nutes and got the PH down it took off again. I went outside and the largest branch with the most flowers was broke off; maybe a bird??? The bell peppers have several flowers starting, but I don't think the first flower pollinated, will have to wait and see. The system is working awesome now that it is not leaking everywhere.