View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Do you have info on creating something like the Dutch bucket system?
Yes, once you know what and why a system works you can design almost anything.
Quote:
Is it in one of your setup post here in the forum?
No, it's a simple design though, 1 or 100 buckets it;s the same thing. And given the information I can easily design it and show you how to, and what you need. A dutch bucket system is nothing more than a bucket in a bucket, and the bottom bucket holds moisture and a return line. But that is not what makes it work. Your concern that it will hold reserve moisture in case of power frailer is correct, How much depends on your climate and how long (reserve moisture or not).
Quote:
About 1, 2 and 3: I described the different kinds of deep water cultures I did come across. Just wondered if any of them was best I will look into large air pumps and ozone treatment as those seem the most likely things used in really big operations. Will start out small first, just using the simple bubbler system. The system I seen listed under 2 did not seem to have great results during this high temps. Not sure if it was lack of oxygen or just plain heat.
Well it is hard to give particulars when you don't know the exact environment. Before I can give any real advice (other than more air is better) I need to know how the system is planed to be designed, how many plants the system is planed to hold, the environment that it's planed for. Also what the financial investment. you cant build the same system for $50 that you can for $5,000. But knowing where to put the money is what is the important thing