View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpsFrontier View Post
Looks good Kerbouchard,
But I have to ask, what are you going to do with 25 heads of lettuce each week. That's one big family if your going through more than 3 heads of lettuce a day. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of the setup!!
Yeah, it's going to be a lot of lettuce if I can get a good cycle going. Just please don't tell my kids it's abnormal to put lettuce on pancakes - we can do four heads a day!

This might be considered a test of sorts to see if I can handle larger production, and to see how much more work it will take. I'm hoping neighbors might be willing to spend a buck a head, and have family outside our household of six who I'll keep supplied. If I end up having to give it away, that's fine too - I'm just plain enjoying this! I also have a friend growing other veggies this year, so we may trade a bit. His idea was to see about getting a group together that could do some vegetable exchanges on a regular basis.

I may try switching to rock wool, since I think those cubes are way cheaper than RapidRooters, but I need to look around on that. nutrients may be the killer - even on sale they seem spendy.