View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 07:24 AM

Default FloraSeries

Hi,

Thank you for your comprehensive answer. To answer your questions, I am using the Flora Series. And I am following the instructions from the charts. (Metric Chart). Although I did add a tiny amount more in equal parts to adjust towards the recommended EC values. I first had 0.8 and tried to get it to 1.2. The problem is that I can't determine the actual nutrient mix with my EC meter. I am at 1 right now (1066 micro siemens)

You are right about the clingfilm, I was initially worried that there was too much drainage going on so I wrapped it in cling film and poked some holes in it. I was looking to put it in a slab soon but I am waiting til my pH meter arrives from Amazon so I can adjust the slab ph when I soak it.

The roots are really digging through right now and some are coming out the top already.

About the sun, they do get direct light from 8 to 12 and diffused light from there on out. But I already built a Greenhouse shelf that I will put on wheels so I can move them once a day around the house so that they get the full dose of sunlight (12 hours).

Admittedly I am not a master carpenter, but I put another smaller tomato plant in my greenhouse shelf to see how it holds up with the temperature changes and the insects outside.

Concerning the rockwool I do like it practicality and the price is really cheap here too, but I want to try and go with a dutch bucket system and perlite (as I saw with mhpgardener) the next time. Unfortunately its harder to get the cocochips here that you mentioned.

I will cut out the cling film and see if the plants uncurl.

As for my competition, I have already surpassed my friends plants in terms of size. Now I hope to get some fruit setting soon !

Would you recommend that I prune the plants some more ? They are indeterminate varieties.

Best,
Andy
Attached Images