View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 05:32 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to watercatwn6535nd
Default back up running again

i had a issue with my growtronix software for a month or more? i tried every thing and had switch back to mechanical timers etc. Doesnt take but a few hours to realize how much info i have at my finger tips and how in detail i know about my grow enviroment. any how it runs out i had to format my pc and come back on line with my grow server. i think it must have been seeing GT files that were old and trying to run the with my new ones. the grow console was in valuable and i now know way more about the system and its operations.

So any how the plants are thriving again and back into flowering and fruiting. i see i have one cuke out of about 100 chances so i'm struggling there. i may have one cantelope coming on? I'm bring in flies next week for pollination my flowering losses are tremedous from my lazy ness to take the time to pollinate by hand.

I went through tonight and trimmed all my roots back and cleaned them up in the buckets and claered the drain hoses to the main resivoir of roots. looks like rope when it comes out of the hose. but left on its own the buckets can slow on the drain side so much the buckets will run over and the nutes can be all lost to the drain.

I'm currently adding between 300 to 400 ppm of nutes every day. also i have bought pumps for the nutes and i have some old transformers i hope will power them. i need to get completly automated. every time i automate a section my plants do so much better.

My tomotoes are confused as hell but i expect in a week of the gt running correctly they'll stablize and there strating to to red and there just deliciuos even just slightly orange.

a buddy of mine that has a bubble system he has built with some realy hi tech sensors and fans in what looks like a box about the size of a 50 gallon fish tank gave me 3 hybrid strawberry clumps. a giant a super sweet and a strawberry peach flavored on he says.

i ate sqaush all last week with dinner and harvested peas as well. the pnie apple is re rooted now in my hydro. i put the pineapple plant in a shot glass in my resevoir and drip hose running in the shot glass and it took off way faster than running a drip hose on it in clay pellets i think. at any rate its alive and grwoing and i made a vanilla pine pple icream with the fruit a month or so ago it seems.

the moring glorys have me on the fence there great to look at and they take great pictures but there avasive as hell for light blocking energy and i dont seem to wnt to keep trimming them which it appears they like. i get 20 or 30 flowers every day and they seems to be some great colors but i cant eat them?

I'm going to yank a few tomatoes and go with more grapes from watching my current seedless grow.

also i took about a month i would say but i finallly have a clone with roots of a native throned blackberry i cut from the neighbors yard. but now taht i have bought a thorn less i'm not sure i want to go through th ehassle of having a thorn plant poking at me. but now i know they just take several weeks to clone out.

bell peppers i finally think i got some seeds going. took a long time to germinate but i have two in one net pot taking off.

Ive been collecting seeds from all my plants i buy at the grocery store and drying them for storage. my thought is the plants look great and the genectics must be decnt for commercial growers to be using them and they may have just be afrom hyfro any how? i hope they will germintae and are not some altered hybrids but it gives me somthing to do.

poatoes plant is reallly look great and will be going in the ground outside next weekend.

ihave more pictures but it will only let me add 5 it looks like so i'll drop them somewhere else on the site.
Attached Images