View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Is it holding the fungas? Check out these stems? They seems strange. Could this be the source of my problem? Should I remove these two plants or is this something I don't need to worry about?
Well as I mentioned I'm not an expert, but there are so many different types of diseases that tomatoes can get, the only way to be sure is ether have them tested or start over. The bottom leaf looks like it's dying, I wouldn't really expect that from a healthy plant that young. The spores that cause the fungal diseases are always in the air. The problem is when they wet, they then will begin to grow. So when the spores are on the leaves, and the leaves get wet it can now infect the plant. When a fungus grows it produces more spores that spread, and will grow anywhere there is moisture and a food source.
Quote:
Also, here is a picture of one of my tomatoes after I removed the plastic wind shield, I upped the watering frequency to flood every 2 hours during daylight, and flood twice at night. It looks remarkably better to me, do you think it needs to removed?
I Would give them a few more days before deciding myself. It may very well be that now that the conditions are more favorable, the plants immune system is able to fight the disease off. Many variety's are hybridized to be resistant to common or particular diseases. In witch case with the improved conditions they may do well. But you might pluck off the damaged leaves (when the plant is completely dry) to keep it from spreading.
Quote:
I read somewhere online that the General Hydroponics line MaxiGrow was good for veging' then switching to Floramato would produce a good crop.
I'm starting to wonder if I even need the Maxigro? It seems almost identical in makeup to Floramato?
I have not used those particular nutrients before, so I cant say how well either will actually do. But the Maxigro is a vegetative formula, in other words it's designed for growing lots of lush foliage. The Maxi series nutrients also have a Maxibloom, that would be for producing lots of flowers/fruit. I'm not sure but I think they could be combined to get a balance, but you should contact general hydroponics to be sure. The FLORAMATO is designed for continuously fruiting or flowering plants, witch is what tomato's are. I believe the Floramato was specifically designed with tomatoes in mind, and it should be good for all stages of the tomato plants. From the picture it looks like you already have the Floramato, I would just use that.