View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 07:14 PM

I don't know where you live, but your temperatures are mild compared to me. I'm in Arizona and our daily temps are around 110 F. I just hope our daily temps go below 90 by Halloween this year. Last year I was still needing to use the window air conditioner in my bedroom window the week of Halloween.

I haven't done an extensive online search, but the only ones I've seen, and all the timers they sell here at Lowe's and home depot you have to set manually every day like a standard oven timer. We even have one of them because when my mom waters the trees, she always forgets to turn it off.

For the two applications I need them for, I want them to cycle on short quick cycles, as apposed to going on and off by temperature. I can use a cycle timer to turn it on and off, but will probably wind up using a sprinkler water line relay as the water line open/close solenoid. But because they run off of low voltage, would also need a ac/dc converter to convert the 110 AC voltage coming from the cycle timer into 12 volt DC voltage.

P.S.
Please excuse the spelling in the drawings, I can't spell worth a dam and the paper tablet doesn't come with spell check. Also let me know if you don't understand any of it, I just did it free hand and it didn't come out looking to good, not to mention I don't know if you can read it very well. I plan to make some 3D drawings in the future and put complete design plans online on my website when I have time to do it.