Thread: front Page!
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 09:23 AM

Location: Southeast Washington State - Right on the line of growing zones 6b & 7a

This is the link, I still have not seen it. I think they just showed stills of the display which I'm good with.

Learn about Hydroponics Gardening at the Benton Franklin Fair - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

I have to say it has been awesome, people are coming by all day and some are completely mind blown with this concept.

Some people have been researching it but didn't know where to start. The people most interested in it are the older crowd. One couple wanted to convert their master bathroom garden tub into a system because they don't use it anymore.

I have also talked to lots of "preppers" who are looking for mobile systems that are transportable and people that want to be off the grid and have lots of questions about power usage. Think I am pretty much a shoe in for the master gardener program that starts in January as they want me to come do talks at the local schools and maybe set up a display garden at one of the parks. The only thing that I think will work would be an aquaponics system for that situation.

Anyway it is going well and lots of people are being interduced to hydroponics and I have lots of interest in the hydro club so I need to get cracken on setting up a meeting place and topics for the first meeting. My facebook is already getting likes and comments and I am having lots of fun.