Thread: my first system
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 02:52 PM

Default RE:lighting

Thanks for the comments Rkfm, and I have thought about buying a mhl and a hsp light I think that they have one that excepts either bulb hps or mhl but in my case I work offshore in the gulf of mexico and i am not home enough to ensure that a hot light source such as a mhl and hps wont burn my house down, besides the sun is free, and I am building a second drip system for outside that once my indoor veggies are ready they will be transplanted outside. so the 4700 lumen cfls tha i have will work out well ( the sell a 6500 lumen bulb also but I'd have to order it ) and walmart has a cheap mhl I think that it was 75 bucks ( I thought about buying it) but it only had 8000 lumens as did the ones at lowes and home depot. ( It seems that all the outdoor lighting is shifting to cfls due to the fact that their so efficient and the price per bulb ( I can buy 4 cfls verses the mhl or hps )
All in all I think that the cfls will do just fine for the vegetative growth, but there is no substitute for natural sun light but it seems that LEDs are leading the way for the future in grow light technology (which would have been my first choice but their to darn expensive as well as the mhl & hps) thanks for the advice rkfm.