Thread: compost tea
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luches View Post
I always and only use self made nutrients (based on commonly used raw materials) and they are extremely cost effective with around 3-4 US$ per 1000 Liter of solution. And with self calculated and tested formulas, I have exactly what I want and need. A batch of 8 Liter of concentrate (lasting for 1000-1200 Liter of solution) takes me 1 hour of work, preps and cleaning included.
I think I read in another post that you have been making your own nutrient concentrates for a while now but it takes a lot of technical information to know what you are doing. So far I know that there are over twenty elements are needed for a plant to grow and that carbon, hydrogen and oxygen are absorbed from the air and water. I am also aware that the nutrients used to make hydroponic nutrient solution's need to be water soluble so the plants can drink them up, but I don't know much else on the subject.

I am hoping to have a hydroponic farm growing produce for the local area some day in the future, and would find making my own nutrient concentrates quite useful if it is as cost effective for me as it is for you. I was hoping that you may have some tips on the subject, and maybe even be able to tell me where I can get the information I need to learn the right way to make my own as well?