Thread: new system
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 10:56 AM

GPS that is what this experiment is about what is going on right now. I have been negligent in last 2 weeks to my experiment since I have been putting in 80 hours a week at work hopefully they will get 2 new technicians soon we are little short handed.

So I can see the light issue with the tomatoes and am deciding the best way to deal with it. I will post you some pics on it this week when I fix it. the tomatoes are growing about 6 inches a day since I changed the water source. If I have to use HID then growing the veggies in the winter are not going to happen the electrical costs are to absorbent for the amount of cost realized off the fruit.

my peppers are the ones with the pests on them and I have both the pest and the predators and am going to introduce lady bugs to the system next. I had bumble bees in there last week when I had the door open so I let them do there thing and I hope it works.

this whole experiment is about going them indoor at 40 below zero at a cost effective rate. so far cost effective is not realized but will see when we are done. it is taking more space then I had originally expected as well. So the experiment goes on and any ideas are considered even the HID lighting is being considered.

Last edited by crad; 07-11-2011 at 11:21 AM.