View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 10:01 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to dlove

it turns out the film was a result of my pump not working overnight. apparently the hose was pinched by some duct tape, seems to be working ok now. i bought some distilled water and intend to change the solution when i get a chance. meanwhile, i topped off the cups with more hydroton. I'm not sure if it's two inches but hopefully it will be enough to block the light. i need to wash some more. my bottles are spray painted black as well as the basin. even the the hoses are taped over to prevent light. its possible some light is getting through where some of the paint seems to have come off on one or two of the bottles. its also possible some light is coming in from the top around the cups, but hopefully less now that there is more hydroton. a couple pebbles may have fallen through down into the garden framework, im hoping is not going to be a big problem. I'd like to buy some of that ph up and down stuff can you recommend somewhere to buy online? Right now I'm using the Recipe for Success Starter Kit from Technaflora Plant Productions LTD. I can't remember where I bought it. there are ten bottles but i only really know how to use the first three (main nutrient solution; B.C. Grow(1-3-6)/B.C. Boost(3-0-2), then B.C. Boost/B.C. Bloom(1-4-7). The next largest bottles are: 'Sugar Daddy' (0-0-0) and Root 66 (1-1-1). There are four small bottles: 'Thrive Alive B-1(organic)' and 'Thrive Alive B-1(not organic?)'(both 1-1-1); 'Awesome Blossoms' (2-11-11); and Magical (Calcium, Magnesium, Iron) (2-0-0), there is also a small thing of cloning gel. Can I use any of these to adjust ph?