View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 04:15 AM

I have a small favor as far as collecting some tubing here. The area has a good bit of construction going on right now. More specifically there is a large housing development going up and they are currently working on the plumbing before they put down the foundations. I have gone by a few times and begged for some scrap. I have a few small pieces of I think 24" PVC and a few 3-4 ft sections of 4" nothing that great to speak of, but still decent finds for free.

as far as picturing the X or H. Imagine the Letters made from PVC and laying on the ground. all the ends of the letters capped off, and in the very center of the letter there is a piece of PVC sticking out virtically. That was the idea I had for the planters. I hope that helps picture it a little better. if not I can put up some drawings to clarify. I fogured it would be difficult to understand by some lol.

I sometimes have ideas that some people understand right away while others just can't picture it till I draw it out lol.

I will deffinitly be taking a decent amount of pictures (best I can remember) I enjoy sharing information with others to help them out with their attempts at repeating what I have done, and coming up with new ways to do it.

I am currently trying to decide what nutrients I will be using for what. I wouuld like to keep it simple with the GH dry nutrients. I am currently trying to get the place I plant to make a large purchase from to order floramato for me. (they have free shipping on orders over $100. I can post the link if people want, I just dont want to look like a spam bot for them lol

The garlic and carrots systems are more of a test bed.. I spent a good while thinking of the problems that people were having attempting to grow the two items in hydroponics. I have a feeling that my current plan might not work on the carrots (not sure how compressed the perlite/vermiculite mix will get yet). But I was wanting to keep the carrots separated to allow them to grow straight. It is more of a know how to grow it, than a need to grow it.

I am going to see how much of my shopping in the produce section of the store can be cut. Not to mention I have even more reason to work out an indoor hydroponic grow settup this year. My mother and sister in La do a garden every year. This year they planted their normal. some 20 tomato plants, some pepper plants, and whatever other odd assortment of veggies they wanted.

Well with all they planted the managed to get 1 tomato (just one) out of all of it before the heat hit and the rain didnt come. It was a bad year for them... But they have an extra air conditioned building they havent been using and could rebuild slightly to accomodate a decent hydroponic system.

that is down the road though.