View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
why are you always so negative and serious, even if I try to make my points by trying to be funny
If you haven't noticed you are the only one laffing at what you think are jokes.
Quote:
Aren't you anyways in opposition by principle and with anything I could possibly try to communicate? Be honest - it really doesn't matter to you what and how I put (write) it anyway, right!? You are just seeking for the snags and the pegs and even if there's any - you'll manage to make up some nevertheless. Does it make any difference or sense to even try to communicate differently? - I guess not!
All in your own head, so much wrong with that, I would need to write a book.
Quote:
You didn't take the challenge to prove that what you claim is indeed possible and has general or partial consensus. Like it or not, admit it or not, your opposition is simply a point ahead.
You simply have not proven that all the people in this town who like to grow tomato's don't grow them during the summer months either, like it or not. You just claim they don't.
Quote:
Opinions are opinions nothing else, they do not deserve any respect by default. Different people have different opinions and that's just a simple fact, they may vary in quality, are subjective and hence nothing that is suited to prematurely attribute a general value (as respect) to it.
This belief of yours is exactly why you don't deserve any respect, and why you don't get any back.
Quote:
People indeed have- and take their rights of freedom of speech, and in democratic countries are officially entitled to any opinion as long as these are not overruled by other attributes (depending on law in vigor, jurisprudence, situation, culture and other specific conditions). As in rudeness is rudeness and not "an opinion" - hence overruled. As far as I am concerned, there is no respect by principle for the "opinions of anyone" (not even mine by others) but it goes buy meritocratic principles. If something true, confirmed with consensus, scientific proof or whatever it takes to make it credible, interesting, perhaps sensational, amazing - is put in an opinion, it might indeed deserve respect. Other more common things that are externalized as "opinions", even fancy things or some "platitudes" may only be noted, tolerated or considered - but not necessarily be respected in the proper sense. Things that are clearly born from ignorance, stupidity and stubbornness (or any other motivation that isn't constructive or to be respected) in any concerned observer's perspective on the other hand, - do not deserve any respect, not even consideration. Who doesn't see nor make the difference here, (the "prayer" from before might indeed help to understand what it is about) and can't understand that not any "opinion" deserves to be respected, but sometimes need to be overruled by the "thou shalt not show respect for any stupidity" clause, well - fill in whatever clause seems appropriate to overrule any such "opinions"
You DEMAND respect, and it's most unbecoming. The last two pages of this thread are simply because you don't want someone to plant a plant in this heat, and see if it grows for themselves.