View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Certainly sounds like an interesting concept. I'd enjoy seeing what you finally come up with.
I don't know how long it will be before I get them built (cash you know). But I will do some drawings to give you some ideas of what I am planing. I am trying to get the cash to build enough systems so I grow enough produce to sell at the local farmers market. I want to start a hydroponics farm but I will need to start small. For my plans I need $1000-$2000 to get the first 6 systems running. I'm planing 11 different crops. That should be a good variety, and a good start.

Sounds like a lot of money for 6 systems, but not really. $100 just for the business license, $40 for the spot at the market, and I will be getting the 2.5 gallon jugs of General Hydroponic nutrient about $90 ea x3= $270 plus shipping. Also for that many systems plus what I am running now, I will get a pH pen instead of using the drops because it will be cost effective in the long run. That's about $500 and nothing even built yet. I will be on the lookout for those 54 gallon Rubbermaid Roughneck Hi Top storage containers.