View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
One of my little thai sun plants (left pic, bottom most right plant) didn't take to the move very well for some reason (wondering if I maybe damaged the roots when putting in the hydroton or something). He's hanging on by a thread and it looks like some root development is starting. Hoping he will make a come back, but we'll see.
That may be a possibility. I would also make sure it's getting sprayed with the nutrient solution adequately. It looks as if it's getting as much light as the plant that is to its left, and that plant seems to be doing fine.
Quote:
and move to a "bloom formula" for the nutrient solution.
Typically a bloom formula is designed for plants that are for the most part are dun growing and are at the fruiting stage of there life cycle, and in doing so all the fruit ripens at the same time. Pepper plants are different in that they are a continuously fruiting plant. That is they continue growing while fruiting. Because of this, the plant has fruit on it that is in all different stages of ripening. I am not familiar with the nutrients that you are using so I am not sure what the manufacture recommends for continuously fruiting plants, but I thought I would point out the difference. As for lighting, unfortunately pepper plants also need both spectrum's of light for the same reason to do best. I am sure they will continue to grow with either light, but would do best with both types of light. But I use natural light, so I don't have hands on experience with artificial lighting.